New Dive Center Internship Programme
From Zero to Divemaster
Gain all your PADI certifications including Open Water, Advanced Open Water, Rescue Diver and Divemaster as well as a certificate in first aid and experience maintaining dive equipment plus a FREE speciality of your choice at the end of completing the whole Programme.
Why New Dive?
New Dive is a small but busy dive center with good and professional staff and a friendly atmosphere.
Ios is a beautiful island with great beaches, crystal clear waters, beautiful landscape and lots of watersports to enjoy and of course great day and nightlife. With travelers from all over the world one thing is for sure you will feel like home.
No Prior Diving Experience Necessary
You don’t need to have any diving experience to start with. All training is included as part of your internship. The center operates from the 1st of April until the 31st of October, so we can start the Programme any time during this period for any individual.
The duration is 8 weeks (6 days per week) and is based on a full time commitment. The internship programme is suitable for all visitors who come in Ios for a long period. The promotion of New Dive Center is also a part of your duties.
What Is Included
- Courses up to Divemaster (visit www.padi.com)
- Free use of all New Dive Rental equipment *(you are advised to buy your own gear if you wish and we can help you get it at a low price)
- Free diving (minimum 60 dives)
- First aid training
- Marine safety
- You have 50% discount on using our water sport facilities as an extra offer (visit www.ios-sports.gr)
Cost of Living
Accommodation is provided free to all members of the internship in shared rooms of 2 or 3 people who are also members of our team. Everyday life in Ios is not expensive. An average of 15€ to 20€ per day.
The majority of restaurants, bars, pubs, cafes and night clubs offer to all Ios Island Staff discounts up to 50%.
Transportation through the island is also cheap ,either by bus or taxi, but if you like walking, as most people do, then you won’t have any expenses for your transportation.
- Mylopotas to Main Village (2km or 15 min walk)
- Mylopotas to Port (5km or 25-30 min)
The Cost of the Internship
Total Cost is 1900€ and it covers:
- Books and Certifications up to Divemaster
- Special Course
- Dive Gear
- Extra Training in First Aid and Marine safety
- Free Dives at all diving sites in Ios
You have to be over 18
You have to have a Health Certificate that proves you are able to dive
You have to speak fluent English
Good Team Spirit
If you are interested, please send us a recent CV with a photograph to